Duct Cleaning: Essential to Combat Your Dust and Mold Problems
To improve indoor air quality, maintaining you HVAC system with duct cleaning is an effect deterrent to dust and mold in your home. If you have dirty vent covers, dusty stains near air registers, or an unusual amount of dust during the heavier A/C usage periods, your system may be ready for a good cleaning.
Not only does a dirty duct system add to indoor air quality issues, but it can really cause the system’s performance to suffer as well. Inspecting and removing any debris from the A/C system can help to reduce energy costs and reduce dust and allergens.
- The E.P.A. ranks poor indoor air quality among the top five environmental risks to public health. – American Lung Association)
- Those who are most susceptible to indoor air pollution are children, pregnant women, and the elderly. – National Safety Council
- Contaminated HVAC systems can become breeding grounds for mold, mildew, and other sources of biological contaminates. – Environmental Protection Agency
- 50% of all illness are aggravated or caused by polluted indoor air. – American College of Allergies
- Levels of air pollution inside the home can be two to five times higher than outdoor levels. – Environmental Protection Agency
How does dust enter the duct system?
Usually HVAC systems contain a filter on the air intake which will prevent most dust and contaminants from entering the system from inside the home, however this is not where most contaminates enter the system.
The following image shows the impact of a duct system with leaks and bad seams.
The image above shows how leaks in your HVAC system can increase the dust and debris that gets into the system. We have a solution for this as well.
If you have not had your ducts cleaned or inspected recently – give us a call! One of our certified technicians will inspect your system and let you know how we can help you to save on your energy costs. Contact us today to schedule a duct cleaning today!
Indoor air quality is very important in all of our homes and duct cleaning is a big part of that. We can also help with duct maintenance, duct repair and heating maintenance.